Friday, October 31, 2014

Colonial Baskets and Patterns


Where does time go?
It seems to sneak away from me 
It is Monday and then Friday
I should be having photos of my
Christmas Stocking Kits
but I just could not let this piece
go to my best friend in BC
without first doing up a few kits
and a pattern


I am so very blessed to have Colleen
 as my friend
Her'goodie box' of wool and trinkets
is way overdue but she now knows me
well and knows her patience will be
rewarded when she finds the nice
woolie things I will send.


This is my original pattern adapted from 
an antique hooked rug many years ago.
It was to become my fourth published pattern
but of course another creative idea
came along and it was put aside.

I happened on the drafted pattern when
I was looking for my stockings patterns
and so I thought I would offer a
 few kits of this

Colonial Basket Applique 


It started with a few kits from the
original blanket used in my piece.
More requests came in and so I have
another great old blanket for a base,
the same shade but in a nice texture.
The photo is not great
 but you can see
 the weave and weight.


The kits are now on Etsy

Most pieces are pre cut with the exception of
the leaves, buds and stems.
Little pieces tend to become lost and these 
pieces are the last to be stitched to the base.
I have used freezer paper to mark the patterns
so you will need to cut stems, leaves and
 buds before you stitch.
The remainder is cut..labeled and a full size
tissue paper placement chart is included.


More information is on my 
Etsy listing by clicking the link below

This will be available as a pattern
sometime in the new year.
Along with three of my other designs


My folky Family Sampler Rug
This will be adapted and used
in my new 
Christmas Stockings Kits
This design with be sold as a 
pattern only and not a kit



My Menagerie Rug
Another adapted from an
antique hooked rug.
As you can see from the photo 
this is a large rug and 
could be used for both
applique and  rug hooking


Finally my 
Roosters at Sunrise Rug
Also another larger rug
for both 
rug hooking and applique
These will be offered as patterns once
I have finished with the 
Christmas Stockings Kit
and now..


The Avery Rugs
I enjoyed designing these rugs 
dedicated to my 
Grandson Avery 
but 
the time has come to retire both the 
Averys Teardrop and
Averys Favourite
I will leave the listing over 
the weekend and then
no more of these designs

Thank you Everyone
 who has purchased and 
stitched 
Averys Rugs.


THE CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS
ARE NEXT

stay tuned.. here on the blog
or on my facebook page 
or with my mailing list 

Click HERE to be 
added to my list

Thank you everyone and have a 
very spooky but safe 
Hallowe'en Eve

cee

7 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Oh what lovely rugs. They are so wonderful. I will go check out your Etsy page. Every single piece is a work of art Cee.

Ronda said...

Beautiful work Cee! ... Happy Halloween!!

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Cee, I'm looking forward to receiving my Avery kit, I know it is on its way and should arrive next week. What good news that you are releasing those in patterns next year! I am a rug hooker also and would love to hook them.
Melinda

Jaja said...

Hello Cee, It has been a while. Love the blog and all your lovely works. Best of luck to you!
Jaja

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Cee these are all just beautiful ~ love each and every one.
I sent you a message through Etsy iof you would kindly respond ;)
Blessed be,
Lori

Unknown said...

Cee.....your work is just beautiful!

Kay said...

I love your work and look forward to acquiring a kit soon.