Wednesday, May 3, 2017

My Goodness Where Goes My Time!

It seemed only a few months since
my last blog post and not a year!!!


2016 was a year of struggles and changes,
but  in this new year I look forward to
many wonderful things,
 new rugs, new home, new challenges and new friends.

I will be teaching a new penny rug class
starting mid May and several more throughout the summer.

The first class will make the little rug in the photo above, using,
 'NO STICK PINS'
Yes, it is true, no pins needed to do the penny rugs.
This class will be an 'open border' edge and in 
other classes through the summer I will have
instructions on binding edges, pillow case edging,
colour theory, the 10 foot rule, and designing 
wool applique from antique hooked rugs.

This class will start with videos on how to cut perfect
circles, the various layouts of penny rug making and
various stitches to use on the rugs along with 
the most often miss-understood basics of  fabrics, felting and threads.
Step by step video and class instructions to finish 
the Diamond Vintage Wool Rug and finally I will 
go into detail video and instructions to
make your own onion dye and age rugs.
I just may throw in a few of my age dyeing 'secrets' as well.




The kit for the first class is optional but there is nothing
like the actual 'doing and stitching' to grasp these new techniques.

This is an 'open' kit and will be available until I start the second class.
The colours are very muted in soft greens, rusts, various browns and 
measures 9 and 1/2 inches by 15 inches.

Kit includes pre-cut pennies, age dyed cotton base, 
a generous supply of my new aged threads, plus a few surprises.

Price of the kit is 48.00  shipping included.
Kit is only available by emailing either Cee or Colleen 






The class will be on our new Facebook group


Colleen and I hope to meet you there!

Happy Stitching!
cee

1 comment:

village folk art said...

Hi Cee, I emailed you a few days ago about ordering the kit. Just thought I'd let you know. Love following your blog, it is so inspirational for me. Will wait to hear from you.
Warm Regards,
Barb